Current research proposals are focused on improving patient health and reducing risks from surgery. These include:
- Quantifying glycemic variability (blood sugar control) from continuous glucose monitoring of joint replacement patients.
- A Randomized Controlled Trial (RCT) – If the use of the CSIRO’s Low Carb Diet before surgery improves blood sugar management.
- 2019 – Deep Peroneal Injury following Hardware removal for Lisfranc Joint Injury
- 2015 – Extreme Cobalt Toxicity: Bearing the Brunt of a Failed Ceramic Liner
- 2014 – Recurrent atraumatic anterior hip dislocation: Treated by dual mobility system
- 2014 – Matrix-induced autologous chondrocyte implantation (MACI) for chondral defects in the patellofemoral joint
- 2010 – One-stage vs two-stage cartilage repair: a current review
National & State Level Presentations
- 2017 – Long term outcomes of ceramic on ceramic THR vs ceramic on polyethylene – ACT State Meeting
- 2016 – Long term outcomes of metal on metal hip resurfacing – WA State Meeting
- 2016 – MACI for chondral defects of the patellofemoral joint – WA State Meeting
- 2015 – Does cementless femoral stem shape affect implant survival in patients older than 75? – AOA National Meeting